Alliance scholar award
General guidelines for Alliance Scholar Awards applicants and how to apply through the on-line application center can be found below.
Who can apply for the Alliance Scholar Award?
- Exclusively for oncology junior faculty at Alliance institutions within five (5) years of training (rank below Associate Professor)
- Applicants must have completed training in an oncology clinical specialty (e.g., medical, surgical, radiation, gynecologic, etc.)
- Proposals must be nominated by an Alliance Scientific Committee Chair and be closely tied to the research agenda of the Alliance. Potential applicants must work with the relevant Alliance Scientific Committee Chair prior to submission of application to ensure endorsement of the relevant Alliance Scientific Committee and include a letter of support from the relevant Alliance Scientific Committee Chair with application materials.
- Projects supported by other non-institutional funds are not eligible
What is the level of funding for the Alliance Scholar Award?
- Two-year, non-renewable cancer research grant for Alliance Oncology junior faculty
- Up to $40,000 direct costs per year for two years, plus up to 10 percent overhead each year for two years.
What do I need for my submission?
- Cover Letter: Include project title, your name and title, institution name, address, phone, fax, and email address
· Proposal Outline (10-page maximum):
o Specific Objectives
o Background and rationale
o Preliminary data
o Research methods
o Statistical considerations
o Description of patient population (if applicable)
o Draft clinical trial protocol (if proposing a therapeutic clinical trial)
o Curriculum vitae
o References (bibliographical citations)
o Applicant’s other research support (include project titles, funding sources, dates and amounts)
o Letters of support:
* Section Chief or Department Chair
* Research Mentor
* Committee Chair of relevant Alliance Scientific Committee
o Proposed budget: Two-year budget with justification
o Description of the proposal’s connection to the research portfolio of the Alliance.
How do I apply?
All applicants should use the on-line application center to apply for the Alliance Scholar Award. A CTEP-IAM username and password are needed to access the site. If you do not have a CTEP-IAM username and password, information on how to obtain one can be found at the bottom of the log-in screen.
What is the deadline for applications and review process?
- An independent scientific review committee, convened by the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology Foundation, will review the endorsed applications.
- The apllication submission deadline for the 2015 awards has passed. Please check back later this year for 2016 nomination deadlines.
Questions: For more information, please contact Erin Mueller at emueller@allianceNCTN.org